Press Kit - Farm Wars
- Developer: Pieter Loubser, based in Cape Town, South Africa.
- Platforms: Mobile - Android
- Available Stores: Google Play Store, Amazon Appstore, Huawei AppGallery
Farm Wars is like no other strategy game available. It will test your strategic and lateral thinking to the limit as you compete against everyone else to outwit and outsmart the competition to reach the top spot (however there are many secondary goals as well to chase). It will not be easy, but definitely worth the effort once you reach the top in this intense, real-time, online, multiplayer game.
Most of the game happens behind-the-scenes around the central market, so do not expect fancy graphics. So many layers of strategy, which can quickly turn the market into a war zone.
It will be a rollercoaster ride while you build your skills and fine-tune your strategy to get to the ultimate spot. But once achieved, you know that you are one of only a few who can call themselves a Farm Wars Game Winner.
Games last for only 1 week, start Monday mornings, and end Sunday evenings. It is like chess, the board gets reset after each game, and everyone starts equal again. But each game is totally different and requires different thinking which also makes this game very addictive, challenging and fun!
What makes it staggering?
- Games last only 1 week. Games start Monday mornings, and end Sunday evenings. Weekly winners are announced Sunday evening after the game ends.
- Everyone starts with exactly the same resources Monday mornings with each new game (no matter how long they have played the game). This keeps it fair, and also exciting as with each new game a new opportunity arises.
- The whole game revolves around one central market with nine crops. The crops' cost and price fluctuate constantly depending on what everyone else is buying and selling in the game. For example: When you sell carrots, the price of carrots will fall slightly (supply), and all the other crops' prices will increase slightly (demand). When everyone sells carrots, the price of carrots will fall to $0. So players will have to "read" the market and think a few steps ahead to be able to make the most money.
- Players compete against each other to reach the top of the leaderboard. The game is not about pretty graphics... Most of the game happens behind the scenes as the players are using their skills and strategic thinking to try and outsmart the competition.
- The market can also quickly turn into a war zone as players try to manipulate it to give them the upper-hand. There is way more going on than meets the eye here. Companies trying to protect their own factory crop, and also trying to kill their competitor's crop. Individual players are trying to protect their own crops, and also trying to sabotage their rivals' crops. Sometimes you want a certain crop to go on high-demand, and other times you want to delay it. Only in the chat-rooms will you see the emotions running high.
- This is not a pay-to-win game but all about strategy. Throwing money at it will not give you a winning advantage. You can actually play and win without spending $1. (But to make the game a bit easier to play, it will cost you only the price of 1 cup of coffee each week.)
- Highly competitive game play, with many categories to compete in, each with a medal and some in-game rewards at game end. There are leaderboards for all categories.
- Players also decide each game how they want to play. They can either go for gold, or just try to kill their nemesis's crops to prevent them from achieving their goals. Or they can help their company by chasing needed soup crops. There are many ways to entertain yourself with Farm Wars.
- You can also choose how long crops should grow on your farm with the use of fertilizers, so you are in control of how frequently you want to interact with the game.
Some Key Features
- Sow, grow and harvest crops on your farm, and sell it on the market for cash.
- Use the profits to purchase more plots to increase your farm yield.
- Daily market high-demands are generated which increases a certain crop's market price. These high-demands could be very profitable, but only a limited amount of tons are available.
- Various farm upgrades are available to help you specialize in crops, and improve performance.
- Collaboration: Players can join other players in a company and work together, or just play individually.
- Cause another company's factory to go on strike.
- Buy and sell derivatives based on current market prices. This will earn you extra cash (but could also end up costing you dearly).
- There are also disasters which can hit your farm at any time.
- Earn Power Cards as you play, which will give you various advantages when you play them.
- Directly challenge other players (or teams) and win extra rewards.
- Buy shares in a company on the stock market. If the company wins, you will also be rewarded handsomely.
- Lots of social interaction between players by means of direct messages, chat rooms, stickers and individual + team challenges.
- A very addictive game. Players have been coming back for more each week for literally years on end. Come and try it yourself!
- Website: https://www.playfarmwars.com
- Intro Video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l4nPvNbSMdY
Thank you for your support!